The wider objective of PALIB is to enhance the capacity building of high education in terms of widening literature resources of Palestinian students, academicians, and researchers by building a cross-platform that has two main goals/gates.
- To connect all library digital items of local universities and centres together.
- To build a research gate for Palestinian universities that is customizable with respect to different research aspects.
PALIB considers the following objectives to be achieved when this project is deployed:
- Enhancing the infrastructure of local libraries in Palestine, including libraries in universities and other society-based libraries.
- Providing large-scale database for students and researchers.
- Enhancing the ground of the research development in Palestine.
- Providing a sustainable platform to incrementally increase the library items on the database.
- Transforming the European experience on building such databases.
- Students can take advantage of the deployed portals to access books, library items, and journals using their own credentials.
- Researchers will be able to build national-wise research network and take advantage of published journals and profile to easily access the research items.
- open-to-join concept of this project is provided: any local library can join by applying the portal system design to their own systems.
- resource sharing: universities benefit from each other.
- the librarians and university staff will be supported with the required competencies by transforming the EU experience to them.